Jowonio creates linkages among parents, children and staff, so that everyone feels a part of the Jowonio community. To encourage this, we:
- Ask parents for input in developing each child's learning plan
- Welcome parents as classroom volunteers and as participants in the child's classroom.
- Provide formal written progress reports twice a year and maintain personal contact with parents through frequent conversation and parent conferences.
- Present speakers, films and discussions relating
- Make referrals for community services, including respite care, medical care, financial support and emergency services.
- Support parents in developing strategies to advocate for inclusion in public schools and other settings.
- Offer parent support groups for the parents of children with special needs.
- Encourage family participation in the Jowonio community through activities such as the Fall Open House, potluck suppers, classroom celebrations, all school performances and graduation ceremonies.
- Welcome parents as members of the Jowonio Board of Directors and the Friends of Jowonio Board.
Click here to learn more about how you can become involved in the Jowonio community.
Learn what Jowonio graduates, families and staff have been doing on our Alumni News page.